Thursday, April 16, 2009

After an 8-month hiatus...

...I am back.

OK, so when I thought about starting this blog I didn't factor in the rest of what I had to accomplish. You know...work, kids, cooking, laundry, work, kids..things like that.

However...I am back. And I promise to keep this updated. As much as humanly possible.

I don't know how much travel we'll be doing this year (darn you, recession!)...but even little trips to the zoo or art musuem might lead to some useful tips and tricks.

As it is, we are leaving in NINE DAYS for a 7-day trip to Walt Disney World!

Our travel group includes: me, husband, two kids (ages 5 and 2), my parents (ages 58), my sister, her husband and their two kids (ages 3 and 1). Yes, that's right...a party of 10!

I have been the 'lead planner' (or "Disney Dork", as my sister likes to call me) for this trip. We started planning this trip last spring and now with a little more than a week to go...it's all coming together.

Our plans so far:
- We'll be staying at the Wilderness Lodge, one of Disney's Deluxe Resorts
- We have a 7-day park hopper ticket (the only way to go!)
- And we've added the Disney Dining Plan to our package -- and we have many character meals planned, including my favorites breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table and dinner at The Crystal Palace with Winnie the Pooh and friends!

I'm almost completely packed...which is good since I started packing three weeks ago! The girls are each taking five princess costumes (a MUST if you've got little girls!!!). Me, well I've packed my Minnie Mouse ears in my carry-on so I can wear them as soon as we land in Orlando!

So, I'm going to try and write a few posts about planning this trip before we leave. And then, when we return I'll have some more posts about how to survive Disney with four kids, two grandparents and four very tired parents. (I'm thinking that many margaritas will be involved in that survival plan!)

No comments: