It takes me a few weeks (or longer) to "come down" from the
The process goes something like this:
The Seven Stages of Accepting the end of a
1. Denial: NO WAY! Our trip is NOT over. We MUST have at least 4 more days left, right?
2. Pain and Guilt: Damn. My feet hurt. How many miles did I walk this week? And guilt...crap...I didn't take the kids on it's a small world more than twice, and we didn't get to see the afternoon parade at the Magic Kingdom and I didn't get a Dole Whip! Oh the Disney GUILT!!!!
3. Bargaining: "Can't we stay just a few more days?" Please!?!?! It would be so much better if we could just spend one more day at the Magic Kingdom. Pretty please?
4. Depression: This usually hits as we (1) walk out of the resort, (2) board the Magical Express to the airport or get in our car and start the long drive home. I cry. Real tears. I reflect on the magic that happened all week. But there is NO denying it, I AM SAD. Very, very sad.
5. The upward turn: Wait! I know...I can start planning our next
6. Working through it: I upload photos, watch our vacation video and remember the great times we had at
7. Acceptance and hope: I KNOW that I will be returning to
And that my friends is how I cope with the end of a
I reflect, remember and realize that there IS another
(Trip report posts are on the agenda. I will get them posted as I write them...if you're interested...and you know you are! LOL)